+ Introduction to Statistics for M&V (ISM&V)
If you feel you need a refresher for basic statistics this course is a good option. This is a review of basic statistical concepts, such as:
- Definition of statistics and why it is important to Measurement and Verification
- Key statistical terms
- Descriptive stats
- Degrees of freedom
- Errors and statistical terminology associated with errors
- Probability distributions, including normal distributions and the standard normal distribution
- Confidence levels and confidence intervals
- Using the t table
This online course consists of 6 lessons with a quiz that follows each lesson. Students need to pass the quiz before moving onto the next lesson, however, students can attempt the quiz as many times as needed. Typically 1 to 3 hours is required to complete the online course. Upon completion of the course a certificate of completion is available for download.
This course should be taken by people who plan to attend the M&V fundamentals and IPMVP course. If you are taking the M&V Fundamentals and IPMVP course, please check with your training provider as this thematic course fee is included within your course registration.
You can also take the ISM&V course as a standalone self-taught course. You can test your knowledge on introductory statistics by taking this quiz in order to decide whether to book it.
Please register using the form below. The online course access link and password will be automatically emailed to you after you have completed registration.
+ Using ISO 50015 with the IPMVP (Online Pre-Recorded Live Course)
The course covers the new ISO 50015 M&V guidance standard and how to use it in conjunction with the world's most widely use Protocol, the IPMVP with minimum duplication effort.
By the end of the course you will be able to:
- Understand the essentials of good M&V to both 50015 and IPMVP with practical application
- Apply the key principles of both standards to energy savings projects
- Understand how to construct and M&V Plan to both standards
- Understand how to implement an M&V Plan and report savings to both standards with minimum duplication